Connecting your camera over USB
Connecting your camera over USB allows you to either charge or transfer your files from your camera, as well as change your camera settings and update your camera through the 360cam Studio software.
To access to your camera on your computer, simply turn the camera on, and connect it to your computer.
Your camera should now be accessible and appear in your 360cam Studio software.
Connecting to your camera over WiFi
You can also connect to your camera from your mobile device using the 360cam mobile application. By default, the camera WiFi is turned off. The WiFi status of the camera is indicated by a green light right below the WiFi logo on your camera:
- Light off: WiFi is desactivated
- Light is blinking: the camera WiFi is turning on and will be accessible in a few seconds
- Light is on and steady: the WiFi is on and accessible
Note that WiFi will have an impact on the camera battery life.
Here is how to turn the WiFi on:
- Once your camera is turned on, press the “mode” button (right) repeatedly until you reach the setting mode. Then press the start/stop button (left) to enter the setting mode. The screen should be displaying the WiFi option.
- Enter WiFi settings by pressing again the start/stop button (left). The APP option should be blinking.
- Validate the app option by pressing again the start/stop button. The screen should be displaying WiFi again and the green light blinking as the WiFi is turning on.
- Press the mode button (right) repeatedly until you reach the back option. Validate the back option by pressing the start/stop button (left) once. The camera should be displaying the setting icon.
- Press the mode button (right) until you reach the desired capture mode. The WiFi is now activated and your camera can now be remote controlled.
When the WiFi on your 360cam is on (steady green light), you’ll be able to see it in accessible devices in your mobile device WiFi setting. By default, it should be visible at “360CAM-XXXXX.osc”.
By default, the WiFi password is giroptic.
You can change your camera name as well as your WiFi password in the 360cam Studio application.